Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Getting Ready to Move

It's that time again...time for a Permanent Change of Station (PCS).  Earlier this year I got orders to move from Camp Pendleton, CA (San Diego area) to Fort Leavenworth, KS to attend Command and General Staff College (CGSC).  This is a school for military officers where you learn tactics, doctrine, etc.  At first I was really disappointed that I wasn't heading to Quantico, VA to attend the Marine Corps' equivalent school.  I actually wasn't sure where Kansas even was! (I had to Google it!)  After talking to several folks out there, I am getting more and more excited about the next year.  It will be a good change from what I have been doing and should be somewhat of a break.  

The downside to all of this...another MOVE!  It comes with the territory though - a move every 3 years (or even sooner).  The positive about moving:

1) You get to go through all of your stuff and purge what you do not need/use anymore.
2) New things to see in a totally new place!
3) You get to meet new people.

The negatives to moving:

1) You have to pack up all of your stuff.
2) Then you have to unpack it all at the far end, haha.
3) Dealing with the military moving process - we like to make everything as difficult as possible.

Two more weeks here in SoCal and then I hit the road!  

No comments:

Post a Comment