1) iPhone - I can do the normal stuff that a phone can do (make calls, send text messages), but I can also check e-mail, browse Facebook, take pictures, and play games while sitting in a waiting room. With all of these wonderful
things the iPhone
can do, the biggest downside is that it's a HUGE waste of time. I find myself constantly checking for updates on Facebook and sucked into all kinds of games!
2) Kindle - No more packing five books for that week long vacation. Now it's just a small tablet that slides into my carry-on that holds all the books I could possibly want/need. While this is useful for packing, I still like the feel of a book in my hands, I like being able to mark up a book so I can look back at it later for reference, and I like the smell of old books.
3) Garmin Forerunner GPS - no more pulling up Google Earth and trying to plot out how far I run. No more trying to guess at how fast (or how SLOW) I'm running. Just a click of a button and I'm linked to a satellite that does it all for me! Yes, this is all nice, but there are definitely days when I leave the Garmin at home and just hit the road for pure enjoyment.
4) iPad - With the wonders of Netflix, I can now watch shows that I like without those stupid commercials. I can play games and draw pictures too! Haven't come up with any downsides to this yet!!!
5) Microwave - Now I know this isn't a new invention...but it's still one of my favorite tools. I cannot even count the number of nights in the l
ast two months that I've microwaved dinner (don't cringe Dody!). With the hours that Sean and I keep at work, sometimes this
is the best option and what a convenience! I suppose all of this "convenience" comes at the expense of the quality of the food...pretty sure if you can just microwave it and it's ready to go, 90% of the time it's not going to be very nutritious.
What are your favorite gadgets?