Here's our list (feel free to submit other suggestions!):
1) Turn off lights when we leave the room and unplug appliances and charging devices not currently in use.
2) Create a compost for leftover food waste.
3) Showers will last no longer than five minutes.
4) Replace all traditional light bulbs with the new energy-efficient light bulbs.
5) Recycle - and try to find products that minimize packaging and use recycled material in their packaging.
6) Always use re-useable shopping bags. If we don't have any bags, we don't buy anything.
7) Buy local produce (we're hoping to find a CSA we can join!).
8) Limit the use of heat and A/C - this should be easy since it's always 75 degrees here!
9) Know what we have in stock so that we don't buy unnecessary items that we already have and are just hidden away. This means getting organized!
10) Shop every few days, instead of for the entire week - less waste.
We figure small changes are best to start out with, and I just read a great book about this, "Green Chic: Saving the Earth in Style". I've also started adding links to the blog that promote "green living".