Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

10 Ways I Break the Rules

My sister, Jen, follows a blog that I love (and should add to the list I follow) titled "Shut Up And Run". This woman is amazing! Earlier this month, she did a post called "10 Ways I Break the Rules", and I thought it was a great idea to do the same thing. So here's my list:

1) I'm completely okay with microwaving our entire dinner...even though my mother-in-law is convinced that the radiation will eventually kill us!

2) I never send Thank-You notes on time...I'm always at least two weeks behind (okay, more like four weeks).

3) I never wear sunscreen. Granted, I almost never just go out to layout in the sun, but even on long run days, I forgo the protection.

4) As soon as I walk in the door, I drop my stuff, throw my uniform in the corner, and say I'll put it all away later. Later becomes the weekend, which always sucks, but I can't seem to just take the easy road of putting things away as soon as I get home.

5) We constantly feed Nessie directly off of our own utensils. Yes, she always begs for food. Yes, we know this is a terrible habit. But who can resist that sweet little, furry face just begging for a tasty morsel???

6) Sometimes I go to bed without brushing my teeth...yes, I know this is gross. But there are other days I brush three or four times a day, so over time it all averages out!

7) I re-wear running clothes when the weather is cool because I don't really sweat that much!

8) I never wear shower shoes when I use public showers. I realize I'm asking for some type of gross fungal disease, but I think it's grosser to put wet shower shoes in my bag!

9) We sit on the couch in front of the television eating ice cream and watching Biggest Loser asking each other when it became acceptable to become so obese!!! Hypocritical - yes! Fun - definitely! Not sure if this is really "breaking a rule", but it sure feels like it.

10) I skip breakfast all the time. Might be the most important meal of the day, but it's the hardest one to find time for.

There are so many other things that could be listed, but this will do for admitting guilt for now!
How do you break the rules?

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed your list and I made it on the #1 spot.. I go to bed sometimes not brushing my teeth too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cringed at the lack of shower shoes! lol

    ReplyDelete